Stainless Steel (SS316L)
Stainless Steel Technical Specifications & Properties
- Density : >7.91 g/cm³
- Layer thickness : 0.03 – 0.1 mm
- Tensile strength : >510 MPa
- Yield Strength : >300 MPa
- Elongation at break : >45%
- Hardness : >170 HV
- E-Modulus : 180 GPa
What is Stainless Steel Material?
SS316L, a low-carbon alloy of stainless steel also known as 1.4404, is highly corrosion-resistant and offers excellent strength. 3D-printed stainless steel has high ductility and good thermal properties.
- High hardness and toughness
- High corrosion resistance
- High machine-ability
- Can be highly polished
Applications of Stainless Steel Material
- Lifestyle: jewellery, functional elements in yachts, spectacle frames, etc.
- Aerospace: supports, brackets, etc
- Medical: functional prototypes and series-production parts in e.g. endoscopy and orthopedics
- Maritime components
- Automotive/Industrial, e.g. non-corroding common material, food and chemical plants
- Entry-level material for Laser Sintering Technology, e.g. mounting parts, heat exchangers, functional elements in electronic housing and accessories