PA 2200 Technical Specifications & Properties
- Density : 930 kg/m3
- Flexural modulus, Mpa : 1500
- Flexural strength, Mpa : 58
- Tensile modulus, MPa : 1650
- Tensile strength, MPa : 48
- Elongation at break : 18%
- Melting temperature, ℃ : 176°C
- Shore D hardness : 75
- Powder Colour : white
What is PA 2200?
This whitish fine powder PA 2200 on the basis of polyamide 12 serves with its very well-balanced property profile a wide variety of applications.
- High strength and stiffness
- Good chemical resistance
- Excellent long-term constant behaviour
- High selectivity and detail resolution
- Various finishing possibility (e.g. metallisation, stove enamelling, vibratory grinding, tub colouring, bonding, powder coating, flocking)
- Bio compatible according to EN ISO 10993-1 and USP/level VI/121 ℃
- Approved for food contact in compliance with the EU Plastic Directive 2002/72/EC (exception: high alcoholic foodstuff)
Applications of PA 2200 Material
- Typical applications of the material are fully functional plastic parts of highest quality. Due to the excellent mechanical properties the material is often used to substitute typical injection moulding plastics. The biocompatibility allows its use e.g. for prostheses, the high abrasion resistance allows e.g. the realisation of movable part connections.