Carbon Fiber PLA
Carbon Fiber PLA Specification
- Flexural Strength: 57 MPa
- Melting Temperature: 190°C - 230°C
- Tensile Strength: 45.5MPa
- Elongation at Break :(73°F) 320%
- Standard Tolerance :± 0.05mm
- Layer Thickness : 3mm
- Shore Hardness :45D
- Density: 1.3 g/cm3 (1300 kg/m3)
- Heat Deflection: 21% to 85°C
- Shrinkage: Very Low, When Cooling to Elevated Ambient Temperature
What Is Carbon Fiber PLA?
Carbon Fiber Reinforced PLA is a wonderful material, strong, lightweight, excellent layer adhesion and low warpage. It has excellent layer adhesion and low warpage. Carbon Fiber PLA strength is hiagh compare to other 3d printing materials. Carbon Fiber filament isn't 'stronger' likewise other 3D materials, rather, it is more rigid. Increased rigidity from the carbon fiber means increased structural support but decreased overall flexibility. It is slightly more brittle then regular PLA. When printed, this material is a dark glossy black that glitters slightly in direct light.
- Moderate strain at break (8-10%), so no extreme brittle filament, but toughness
- Very high melt strength & viscosity
- Good dimensional accuracy and stability
- Easy processing on many platforms
- High attractive matt black surface
- Great impact resistance & light-weight
Applications Of Carbon Fiber PLA Material
Carbon Fiber PLA an ideal material for frames, supports, shells, propellers, tools, instruments... really anything not expected (or desired) to bend. It is particularly loved by drone builders and RC hobbyists. It's perfect for applications requiring the greatest possible stiffness and strength.