Magnetic Iron PLA
Magnetic Iron PLA Specification
- Flexural Strength: 80 MPa
- Heat Deflection: 65ºC
- Tensile Strength: 48MPa
- Elongation at Break : 31%
- Standard Tolerance : +/- 0.1 mm
- Layer Thickness : ±0.3mm
- Density: 1.8 g/cm3 (1800 kg/m3)
- Shrinkage: Ultra-low
What Is Magnetic Iron PLA?
Magnetic Iron PLA - as its name infers - reacts to magnets and behaves similarly to pure iron, even to the point of rusting! Magnetism opens up a new world of practical applications and fun creations, and is an especially great choice for costume- outfit pieces and props! Magnetic Iron PLA is a compound of Natureworks 4043D PLA and finely ground iron powder. In fiber structure, it is fairly weak, and should be handled with care to avoid breakage.
- Strength: Magnetic Iron PLA is comparative, and likely to some degree less, than the quality of standard PLA
- Conductive: The iron is too small and separated by the PLA to offer any noticeable amount of conductivity
- The iron in the fiber is too finely ground to give an expansion in general quality
- To rust a print made with Magnetic PLA, lightly abrade the surface of your print with a wire brush to expose more iron particles to the air.
Applications of Magnatic PLA Material
Suggested uses for Magnetic Iron PLA range from sculptures and busts to architectural details and models. Also other applications like creating a cast iron appearance, educational and Diy projects, magnetic stirrers & magnetic sensors and actuators etc...