PMMA ( polymethyl methacrylate) Material
PMMA properties and characteristics
- Impact Strenght(IMP) : ± 3.2kJ/m2
- Flexural Modulus : 23,300kg/cm2
- Tensile Strength : 530kg/cm2
- Specific Gravity: 1.17
- Water Absorbtion: 0.4%
- Heat Deflection Temperature (HDT): 77°C
- Shrinkage : 0.8-1.0%
What Is PMMA Material?
PMMA, or polymethyl methacrylate, is a strong, lightweight and transparent thermoplastic. It is commonly known as acrylic and is marketed commercially as a shatterproof. PMMA filament has excellent impact strength that is significantly higher than glass. In addition, it has half the density of glass with comparable transparency and UV absorption properties.
- This is an ideal material when you need a hard object, with little flex, with excellent finish quality and clarity.
- PMMA responds very well to post print finishing, such as sanding, drilling or engraving.
- PMMA lends itself perfectly to the process of lost wax casting due to its ability to burn away cleanly without residue.
- Pure resin quality
Applications of PMMA Material
The natural translucency and transparency of PMMA filament makes it the ideal solution where a clear part or object is the desired result. Applications where the 3D print is one vital stage in the process to creating the final part.