ABS(Acylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) Material
ABS Technical Specifications & Properties
- Pyrolysis Thermal Degradation: 210°C
- Flexural Strength: 75.84 MPa (11,000 psi)
- Heat Resistance: 110ºC
- Melting Temperature: 200°C (392°F)
- Tensile Strength: 44.81 MPa (Available Range : 25-50MPa)
- Elongation at Break : 3-75%
- Standard Tolerance : 0.1% With a Minimum of ± 200 µ
- Wall Thickness : 1mm-2.5mm
- Density : 1.01 - 1.21ρ(Mg/m3)
- Shrinkage: 8%
What is ABS Material?
ABS, short for Acylonitrile Butadiene Styrene, is an oil-based plastic-type. Vexmatech utilizes ABS in the manufacture of numerous components due to its easy-to-use and resistance to high temperatures. ABS is perfect for end-use components and functional parts such as those found in 3D printers of 3d printing service. ABS is a common thermoplastic resin and can often meet the property requirements at a reasonable price-cost effectiveness, falling between standard resins (PVC, polyethylene, polystyrene, and so on.) and engineering resins (acrylic, nylon specially(taulman 645 nylon), acetal, and so on.).
- It is a strong, sturdy material. ABS has a high melting point, and can experience warping if cooled while printing
- The aforementioned factors make ABS printing difficult for hobbyist printers, although, it's the preferred flex printing material for specialized & professional applications
- Offers highest level of diamensional accuracy. Mechanically strong and stable over time
- Very high impact strength & high tensile strength and stiffness. Complex shapes and deep cavities require no extra effort
- ABS is considered the best of the styrenic family. It has good chemical resistance, dimensional stability & water permeable
- Excellent impact resistance & aesthetic qualities.
Applications of ABS Material
ABS can be used to make light-weight, solid, molded products such as piping, musical instrument (especially recorders as well as plastic-type clarinets),support blocks, golf club heads (used for its good shock absorbance), automotive body parts, wheel covers, enclosures, protective head gear, vballs (reusable paintballs),the manufacturing of pipes (like drain, waste or pipe joints), automotive components, electronic digital assemblies, protective headgear (ABS has good impact absorbing properties), kitchen appliances, musical instruments, protective carrying cases and toys including LEGO bricks.
In Industries : Food Handling and Equipment, Aircraft-Aerospace-Defense, Oil & Gas, Medical Technology Materials, Handling and Conveying, Alternative Energy.